COMPLETE PREGNANCY MASTERCLASS
Expand your knowledge and confidence in working with pregnancy. Learn to harness the power of Chinese medicine for supporting healthy pregnancy and postpartum, understand and address the health issues that can occur in pregnancy, and gain a deeper understanding of how to best support women on their journey to motherhood.
In this clinically-focused 2 day seminar, Mary-Jo will share her 20 years experience in treating women throughout pregnancy and postpartum, using all that Chinese medicine has to offer:
Herbal treatment strategies – key herbal formulas + patent herbal options to build your confidence in prescribing herbs safely and effectively.
Acupuncture treatments for all stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
Mindset shifts, lifestyle, supplements and dietary advice for comprehensive care.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the physiology of pregnancy and postpartum from both Western functional and Chinese Medicine perspectives.
- Safety of herbs during pregnancy, labour, postpartum and breastfeeding for confident herbal prescribing.
- Know the “red flags” and when to refer out, as well as early-warning signs that women are running low on resources.
- The crucial role of shen calming in pregnancy and postpartum, how to support your pregnant patients in mind and body, and the mindset shifts for a smoother transition to motherhood.
- In depth exploration of each trimester – key physiological changes that occur, potential complications that can arise, and treatment focus and strategies to address them using Chinese herbs, key supplements, lifestyle and dietary advice as well as acupuncture.
- Supporting early pregnancy – threatened miscarriage, bleeding, morning sickness and fatigue
- Digestive issues – nausea, constipation and bloating, diarrhea, and heartburn
- Aches and pains – pelvic pain, sciatica, migraines and more, using herbs and acupuncture
- Coughs, colds, skin and immune health in pregnancy
- Placenta previa, gestational diabetes, growth issues
- Anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Fluid retention and pre-eclampsia
- Labour preparation using both acupuncture and herbs to support natural birth
- The fourth trimester – physiology, mindset and treatment strategies for postpartum recovery, calming, supporting lactation issues, and safe prescribing while breastfeeding.
26th & 27th May 2024
9:30am – 5pm, 13 hours CPD
Melbourne, Australia (venue TBA)
Recording provided to all participants, and available for purchase if unable to attend live
You will come away with a deeper understanding of pregnancy and postpartum health, preventative care in each phase of pregnancy, and how to diagnose and safely treat the many health issues that can occur in pregnancy, using all that Chinese medicine can offer. Gain the confidence to provide more comprehensive care to best support pregnant patients at each step of their journey to motherhood.
Mary-Jo Bevin is a seasoned practitioner with a special interest in Chinese herbal medicine and women’s health. With over 20 years clinical experience, she honed her skills through an extensive mentorship in Chinese herbal gynecology, and further training with experts like Jane Lyttleton and Sharon Weizenbaum. Mary-Jo integrates her deep knowledge of Chinese herbal medicine with acupuncture, dietary, supplements and lifestyle advice, and mindset shifts from NLP and hypnosis at her busy clinic in Armadale, Victoria.
In addition to her clinical work, Mary-Jo also mentors fellow practitioners and presents at conferences, including the International Integrative Chinese Medicine Conference. Her engaging and practical speaking style, showcased in presentations like “Herbs for Acupuncturists” and “Menopause Masterclass” with Clare Pyers, reflects her commitment to sharing her expertise and advancing the profession.